Sunday, May 6, 2012

E & J's first day of school

It is August 29th 2011.......I am getting there :) It's Ethan & Jackson's first day of school. YEAH!!! It's still CRAZY that Ethan is old enough to go to Kindergarten ALL day! He will love it though. He is really excited about bringing LUNCH to school. He did great about getting up & ready for school.....we'll see how long that lasts :) On the 1st day I decided to take him, line up with him & show him a few things. Then the 2nd day he said he was ready to take the bus, so we walked to the bus stop. His stop is the last stop so it takes him right to school about 30 mins early. He was SO excited about riding it that he wanted to ride it home.....so Jackson & I waited for him at his stop. HMMMMMMM......NO Ethan ......He didn't get off, so I asked the driver....sure enough he was on the bus but didn't know where to get off. When he got off he was crying:( He thought the bus driver was lost & that he would never see us again :( Poor little guy! After that he decided that he would try it again knowing that I will be there to make sure he gets off. It was sad & weird to have him gone all day. Now that he has been to school for a few months he doesn't want me to wait for him at the stop anymore.......guess he is a big boy now.....he wants to walk home all by himself. No more Mommy :(
I tired to find a preschool by the condo we moved into, but couldn't find one for Jackson. The ones I did were full, so I decided to send him back to his old preschool in our old neighborhood. It is about 7 mins away & he knows all the kids there. Plus, he will have a new teacher. The other teacher is going back to work somewhere else & turned the Preschool over to her daughter-in-law. She is SO cute & re did the whole preschool. It is SO cute, colorful & has a lot of IKEA stuff.....which I LOVE. He is more willing to go this time....well.....a little.....as you can see in the bottom picture he wasn't very happy about going....he bites his fingernails when he is bored or nervous.... lovely :) Last year Ethan had to go to school with him because he was holding on to me for dear life everyday, so his teacher let Ethan come with him. Which worked out good because I got both boys out of the house & Ethan had been to her school before so he knew the routine. It was nice!! I really miss our old neighborhood but hopefully we will find a house in a neighborhood that is just as good!

No comments: