Saturday, November 1, 2008

God be with you till we meet again











It's been crazy this past couple of months. My dad's parents just passed away, 50 days of each other. My Grandma hasn't been doing well since February and was on Hospice. My Grandpa was doing fine and then all the sudden i think he decided he wanted to go first. My Grandpa passed away in September and then 50 days later in October, my Grandma decided that she needed to be with him. It's sad to see people who you love so dearly leave this life, but a good thing for them to go. They have been married 69 years and have had an awesome life. My Grandpa was in the Navy, so he got a military salute. It was very cool, hearing them fire their rifles. I love being their granddaughter!! I feel very blessed that me and my 3 other siblings got to talk at both of their funerals. My dad is an only child, so we were lucky to be able to speak and be pallbearers. They will be missed deeply! We love you grandma & grandpa.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Neat pictures Lindsay. You did a great job speaking at the funerals! Cute blog!

The Mama said...

Lindsay, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents. That is so cute that they both went so close together though. Hard for the family, but nice for them:)

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry Lindsay...but I think you are right. I think there is a reason that they went so close together.