Friday, July 8, 2011

New Year...ER

 What a way to start off the new year.  On the 10th of January we were over visiting with my parents & my dad was sitting backwards on a chair......Ethan was goofing off with my dad & climbing all over his back......just being his crazy monkey self.  All the sudden he climbs over the top of my dad & flips over the chair & his head either on the handle of the rocker or the tile floor.....the verdict is still out on that :)  
I went over to pick him up & there was blood on my hands.  The back of his head was bleeding a lot.  I took him to the wood floor....all I could think about is how my mom would freak if we got blood on her carpet.......my brain is crazy!  I got the bleeding to stop & then told Kevin we needed to go to the ED.....I figured they would need to suture it. Jackson stayed with my parents & we went to the ED.  
It was a slow night there ......so that was nice.  

Ethan did AWESOME! He was so brave & was asking a million questions & loved that he go juice & cookies......who wouldn't??  He let the doctor look at it with no problem.....I thought he would freak....but no.  Then we opted for the staple instead of a suture.....I prefer them.......just one quick SCREAM & you are done.....for us it was just one staple. He did great also when they took it out....no problems.  We love you E......glad it wasn't any worse!!
I hope this is not a preview of how the rest of  2011 will be.   

No comments: