Thursday, October 6, 2011

SOLD

I knew this day would come. We have SOLD our 1st house :( I would have never guessed how much I would miss my house, neighborhood, friends and ward! When we moved into our first house in July of 2005 a few weeks before we had Ethan.....we knew this house was a 3-5 year plan. I wasn't in love with the house when we first moved in but......NOW......i LOVE my house!
We put A LOT of heart and soul into that house.......the backyard had a HUGE garden & lots of curbing, FULL of 6 foot high weeds. I wish I had taken pictures, then we could have seen what a long ways we have come.......We covered the garden with grass.....made garden boxes & planted LOTS of plants to make the yard look awesome......of coarse no pictures of how great our yard looked at it's finest :( Next house MORE pictures!
We tiled the kitchen & entry way.......you can see the pictures of what the house looked like before we moved in & after we did the tile work.....thanks to Kyle & Doug & all the others that helped !! It was done right we when we had Jackson...our kitchen was in the living room.
We painted the front door and railing.......re-shingled the roof.......Kevin spent TONS of time on the sprinkles.....if you look out the window in the top left picture you can kind of see what our backyard looked like when we moved in..... BEA-utiful!!!
painted the whole house.....
......................& for our last and final project.....we painted all the cabinets in the house & railings. Around the time we finished them we decided to move out....I didn't get to enjoy them very long & I miss them!!
Just random before & after pictures.......a few failed attempts on paint colors....some lasted just a day.......
.......like the crazy yellow wall & the band-aid wall........the living room wall went through a lot of changes.
What have I learned from this whole experience??? Take MORE pictures of the house inside & outside through the seasons and years. Not just when you are moving out....some of these are when we were staging our house. Also, any house you buy you can make it your own & LOVE it!! We are now living at my grandparents condo, who passed away a few years ago......thanks mom & dad.....until we find out next wonderful house & great adventure!! :)

2 comments:

thomas family said...

Wow, you guys did do alot! I can't believe you painted over my wall:)

Stephanie said...

We miss you! It's just not the same without you!