Saturday, February 26, 2011

NEW YORK BABY!!

In November Kevin told me he gets to go to NY for a business trip & asked me if I wanted to go...........ummmm....YES...who even needs to take a minute to think about that question??
In December we left on the 9th & came home on the 15th.  THANKS to Jenni, Stacie, Julie & my mom!! They took our kids while we went & played!  I was really excited just about going on a plane!! 
I love to fly & find it exciting to be at the airport.  

 We invited my sister to come along since Kevin would be at work for a few days & I could have someone to hang with.  We left about 4 days early,  so we could do stuff & the Kevin would go to work the last part of the trip.  We stayed at a Sheraton by Time Square in the Theater district.  It was fun to go there & see it in real life.  There were LOTS of people & it was FREEZING COLD!!  We found the Letterman show, Hello Deli, an Indian like in Seinfeld, toured NBC studios, went to Bubba Gumps....
 We took a 3 hour boat tour around Manhattan .....it was fun to see all the buildings & learn some history about it.  All the bridges were cool & the tunnel that they built under the water & to see where they film TV shows.  

On the boat ride it took us by Ellis Island & the Statue of Liberty! It was awesome to see it.  I thought it would be a lot bigger......it was cold as you tell by out getup but very AWESOME!

On our tour of NBC we saw the set of SNL & Kristen Wiig...who is a cast member.  After that we went to the top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center.  It was cool to see the city at night.....I'm sure it would have been cool also to see it during the day too.  My sister wanted to go to Serendipity to have frozen hot chocolate....we got there & it was an hour wait....SERIOUSLY......so Kevin & I went to walk around & found a home depot! It was funny to come across something like that........ because here it's a HUGE department store on it's own & in NY they are all crammed together & you have to really be on the look out if you are trying to find a place.  Well, it took only about 25 mins to get in.  Then we came across Dylan's Candy shop.  I saw this on TV once & we stumbled upon it.  Dylan is the daughter of Ralph Lauren.  It had 3 floors of sugary goodness.  IT WAS FUN!

 We got to see Rockefeller center & the HUGE Christmas tree & the famous ice skating rink.  It was a HUGE line to skate there....there were LOTS of people there.  We got to see a proposal on the rink...it was cute!  I also love seeing cathedrals in the middle of all the buildings. 
 One of the days we went to Central park....Lincoln Square......there were all these people walking around dressed up as Santa, reindeer, elves, gingerbread.......Kevin asked what was going on they said on the 11th of Dec they all dress up and go to Bars all day.  It was fun to see them all! We went & ate at Gray's Papaya...the famous hot dog place......it was alright nothing too spectacular.  We went to a lot of places that we have seen on TV or tourist spots. We tried to eat at places you don't see here....no McDonald's for us....just for the bathroom.  
 When Kevin had to go to work we moved to a hotel down in the Financial district.  It was fun to see Wall Street...the bull....NY stock exchange.  We went to dinner at a pizza place called Lombardi's....good stuff!! Then Kevin saw a Rice to Riches place that served nothing but Rice Pudding.  They had 20 kinds that you could choose from! It was fun...the signs in there were pretty funny!  We also went to a cupcake place called crumbs.....talk about HEAVENLY!!  While Kevin was at work for a few days my sister & I went shopping on Canal Street......I LOVED IT!!  I got a few present for the girls that took care of our boys.  We had fun shopping for purses...watches...it was great....people taking us in back alleys! Jami met up with one of her friends & they went to Jersey & I meet up with one of mine from work who lives in Brooklyn now. 
 It was fun to see her!

 One of the days Kevin & I went to the temple in Lincoln Square.  It was fun! They have everything in one building.  Then we went to a Farmer's Market....which I LOVE to do. Some of these pictures are random but most of them are by Central park....which I thought was a lot bigger but it is not too bad you could walk, run or bike around it ...no problem.  It's cool on the weekend........ they block it off to cars.....so you can just wonder in there without cars bothering you.  That would be fun to live by there.  
We also went to a Knicks game at Madison Square! It was weird to come up out of the subway & to find Madison Square built right on top.  We had to take 7 escalators to get to our seats at the very top.  
It was FUN!

We had SO much fun there.  I love NY! I would love to got there again when it's not so cold like in the fall.  I can't believe how cold it was.....when I got home......I was like ahhhhhhh.....& it was still winter here...but the cold didn't stop us.  We just put on layers & went out.   We rode in a taxi about 4 times....the rest of the time we rode the Subway & walked.  No wonder everyone is so small in NY...they walk everywhere.  If I lived there...I would walk everywhere to...it's easier......a little confusing where you are but you get use to it.  

I think everyone should go to NY at least once......there was so much to do & we could have stayed longer.  The things I wanted to do but didn't have time ......see a Broadway play......tour Yankee stadium....empire state building....walk on the Brooklyn bridge....Long Island...........I am sure there are others.  You could spend a while there.   Overall it was a great trip! I loved every minute of it.  

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun trip! I spent almost a week there when I was 21. It was a lot fun and the weather was perfect!