Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning was great.  The boys came downstairs to a Rescue Hero set from Santa.  They were pretty excited about it.  



Then they got some Leapsters....which they have played with non-stop.  I love them for the fact it will keep them quite for awhile when I need them too & they learn things too.  
The boys & Kevin gave me an apron from flirty aprons. He was going to pick one out but it was out of stock....so he thought he would let me choose my own.....I picked the same one he picked!
Last year I spent time making cinnamon rolls which was dumb....I should have made them the night before & then they didn't turn out because the yeast I used was old.  Lovely!  This year I just made Rhodes into a Christmas tree.  I'm all ready for next year though......I have a recipe for overnight cinnamon rolls & will be better next time.  I think I am a pretty good cook I just need to improve my baking skills ! 

The boys & I gave Kevin some Ute stuff....a mug for work & a flag.  I didn't get a picture of them but took these cute pictures of Jackson giving him hugs & kisses!


The best present Ethan said he got was a Dolphin pillow pet.....which was from us! I was glad it was that instead of what Santa gave him :)  At the last minute on Christmas Eve I thought we should get something that was on their list.  We had gotten the other gifts long before the lists came out.......so.......I was one of those crazy people out on Christmas eve buying the last minute gifts.  I swore I would never do that.  Well....I am sure glad that I did!  Ethan LOVED it & Jackson not so much at that moment.  He had asked for a frog one but since it was the last minute I couldn't find one so I got him a Penguin.  He opened it & said
"hey I wanted a frog!" but it soon blew over & was not big deal!  I can't believe I gave into all the pillow pet hoop-la & the price for them was ridiculous......but the memories are priceless....right??? :)

Then we all got to open our stockings.  It was a great Christmas!  I love being lazy & spending time with the family.......when all you know you have to do is just be with each other.  


No comments: