Thursday, April 22, 2010

What a day!!


The other day on March 22nd, Jackson thought it would be funny to make his mom go crazy.  Well, he succeeded. I was doing housework this day & when I would come back to see what the boys were doing I would find some fun surprises around the corner.  You would think I would learn not to leave him alone say,  after the second time but no, it takes me a few time before I learn.  I guess that is how Jackson was that day too.  He really didn't care if he was in trouble or not.  He enjoyed all the time outs & more.  
Once he was out he would reek havoc again as soon as I was out of sight.   
The top picture is what he did to the floor & the cookie sprinkles.  He took my 5 sprinkle holder & shook it all out onto the floor.  The other picture of what he did, didn't turn out very well.  I had some cookies in a sandwich bag in the pantry & he got to them by pushing a stool over to the pantry..... climbing up onto the garbage can....... & then proceeded climbing up the shelfs to get to the cookies.  He then laid them out onto the pantry shelf, got the sugar shaker & poured it all over the cookies! 

The 3rd time he attacked was my cereal as you can see in the 3rd picture.  Yes, I eat Shredded wheat hot with butter on it.  It is inherited from my mom.  Jackson has seen me do this, so he decided to make himself a tasty snack.  When I found him this time he said "I have snack just like you."  
BREATHE, LINDSAY

4th attack......  I keep a box of alcohol swab amongst other things in a basket in his room & he dumped the box out & then proceeded to shove them into a bottle of lotion. 
The last & final straw when he decided he needed a drink.  A few hours had gone by with no attacks, but you have to go out with a bang, right?  He got in the fridge & got some juice in a glass bottle.  On the way out of the fridge it slipped out of his hand & this full bottle of juice & glass went all over the floor.  I couldn't believe at how many little pieces this glass broke into.  
By this time I'd had it, so I put myself in time out! I think that works better for me. 
I guess I needed to clean the floor anyway...so thanks for the help buddy! 

Can I just tell you how happy I was that day.....so happy.....joys of motherhood.  
Just a FYI : No one was harmed in the discipline process of this :)

5 comments:

Teri said...

OHHHH Lindsey, I have totally had those days...it's like, seriously? what other kind of mess could you possibly make.....and they do! At least it didn't involve finger nail polish!!!!

Kate said...

Ah Linds....THOSE are the days you better call me and say, "Hey, I'm sending E over...he'll be there in 5!" Seriously!

Stephanie said...

Um..... You just described my normal day! I wish it was an everyonce in a while thing but it is more common than nor! I think it must be something about the second child cause Aidan wasn't like that. So hard. People keep telling me I will laugh about it some day. I keep waiting. :)

Jodi said...

So sorry. I hate days like that. One day you will be able to look back and laugh...maybe!

Camille said...

Nice! Don't you just love it. Those little boys can be little monsters some times, but what else would we do with all our time if we weren't picking up after them. I mean a woman can only watch soap operas and eat bon bons so many hours a day.