Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Safe Kids Fair Zero "Catalities"

This shows you the power of radio.  I never really pay attention to the commericals on the radio.  Most of the time I flip through the stations when a commerical comes on to get to a song.  Ethan, on the other hand listens & pays attention to everything.  He kept telling me that we needed to go to the "Safe Kids Fair Zero Catalities."  He didn't know the word fatalities so,  he would say "catalities!" I figured what the heck it was free so why not go.  I thought it was pretty cool myself.  They had 3 different fire trucks there, lots of police vehicles, helicopters, bike races, games,......& many other things.  

There was a  SWAT vehicle they got to go inside.  I loved going in all the vehicles too.  Once I got to ride in a fire truck with my Grandpa while they were transporting him to the hospital & I got to sit in the front.  I was a little to giddy when the fireman asked me if i wanted to come in the truck.  I think i am still a kid at heart.  It's hard to admit i was excited when my grandpa wasn't doing too well :(
I noticed that I got a lot of pictures of Jackson.  Most of the pictures of Ethan were blurry.  They wanted to go from one thing to the next &Ii would have to hurry & take a picture before they found something else to do & i had too many things in my hands to take decent pictures.  I asked Ethan this year what sport he wanted to play & he said Golf.  He said because it is so easy...all you have to do is hit the ball.  I don't really think he get the whole idea that you have to get it in the hole! Needless to say he was excited when he saw that you could hit golf balls there.  It was fun to watch them.
The last thing we say was this HUGE snake.  I didn't see it at first & almost stepped on it! Now that would have been interesting.  I really not a fan of snakes but for the sake of my boys I stayed calm & told them to pet the snake.  The things you will do for you kids.  
It was fun to be there.  We will have to go again next year.  

No comments: