Monday, July 12, 2010

how does your garden grow?

This is our 3rd year having a garden & it keeps getting bigger & bigger.  We do the square foot gardening......which I LOVE!! There is no weeding.....and it is SO EASY! We have 4 boxes right now.  

This one has snow peas, sugar snap peas, green beans & broccoli.  
The boys go out there & eat all the peas.  Also, a new addition to out flower bed is an old RED FLYER WAGON.  My mom has kept it on the side of her house FOREVER & one day it dawned on me to plant flowers in it & use it in my flower beds.  I will have to take another picture of it......i love it.  




This one has cantaloupe and pumpkins in it.  

The next 2 have..... zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, green onions & cucumbers.  

The side of our has has ALL raspberry bushes!! I am head over heels for raspberries!! We have some in buckets, so when we move we can take them with us.  I don't think the raspberries ever make it into the house....because we eat them all right there on the spot.  
Also, we have a blueberry bush but it won't produce fruit until next year....which i am excited for.  
We have an apricot tree in the corner.  I was all ready this year to can them & make jam & all that good stuff......but due to the weather they frozen & now NO apricots for me :( I was excited to learn how to can them & make some apricot nectar.....YUMMY.  Maybe next year.  
I can't wait for out squash plant to grow!!  I love it on the grill.  

1 comment:

Kate said...

First off...yes, you do have darn cute boys! Second..."when you move"...you can't say that!!! When? You will never move...I say no way! lol.